Note: The following are Jeff Chidester’s show notes used during the Bachmann interview (broadcast on 03/21/2010). Although not a transcript of the show, the notes provide the listener with much more detail as to the show’s flow.
- Tell us about the “Kill the Bill” rally that you organized this past week. How the crowds and what were were their mood?
- One of the more frightening aspects of this healthcare debate are the “backroom parlor tricks,” as if the bribes weren’t bad enough, along comes, call it what you want – “the Slaughter rule,” “deem and pass,” – it flies in the face of everything our Republic stands for, and frankly is an attack on our most sacred document, the Constitution. Whether the bill passes or not, the American people, Democrat or Republican, should let their representatives know that they have taken an oath to protect and defend the Constitution, and these types of “maneuvers” will not be tolerated.
- And some of the items in the bill have nothing to do with healthcare
- Funding to take over and permanently manage the federal student-loan program
- Monetary support for schools that achieve high performance standards with green energy
- 12000 new IRS agents are going to be hired (because the IRS is the enforcement arm for the healthcare bill if it passes
- And frankly, the Fourth Estate has been dreadful with their reporting on this blatant attack on our Constitution. Where is the outrage?
- Two initiatives: Kill the Bill petition and the Declaration of Healthcare Independence
- If the bill passes, what then, if it does not pass what should happen next for healthcare reform?
Target of the Democrats
- Here you are in the middle of every fight in defense of the Constitution; you also have a campaign to run.
- The Democrats do not like you, too the point that their attacks get very personal and vicious.
- The Democrats have targeted your seat as they top priority, and are dumping millions of dollars into your district.
- How are you holding up, and how has the campaign been going:
- Rally with Sarah Palin. That sounds like it is going to be a barn burner. I suspect that many heads at MSNBC will be exploding.
- You are very popular in NH Congresswoman, and many New Hampshirites would hate to lose your important voice in Congress, for those New Hampshirites who want to support you, how can they?
You can listen to the interview in its entirety from the NHP Archives