The Truth About Aprils (2012) Jobs Numbers
The Truth about Aprils (2012) Jobs Numbers
“Lies, damned lies, and statistics”
The April job numbers are in, and President Obama believes the numbers are indication that the “economy is continuing to heal.” Realllllllllly!!??!! What a wonderful and magical world our President lives in.
To truly understand why the jobs numbers continue to not only show that our economy is not improving, but may be sliding backwards, lets look at the facts:
- The April unemployment rate was reported at 8.1%, and only added 115,000 new jobs.
- However, 522,000 workers left the job market completely. Granted a portion of those that are no longer in the workforce left due to retirement. But many of those took early retirement or buyouts due to poor job prospects. The truth is that a majority of those 522,000 workers are classified as the long term unemployed that the Obama administration no longer ‘wants’ to count.
- 6.4% of employable adults have left the workforce (or are under-employed) under Obama. It is not that they do not want to work, but they have exhausted all means and have been abandoned by the Obama Administration.
- When you look at the current unemployment rate, add in the fact that 544,000 workers left the workforce (either involuntarily or voluntarily), and that 6.4% of employable adults have left the workforce, than the REAL unemployment rate is at 14.5%.
- Additionally, in order to build the economy, we must add jobs. Former Treasury Deputy –Secretary Roger Altman has stated that in a recovering economy we should be adding 200,000 to 250,000 jobs a month. The problem with those numbers is that it also does not take into account all of the workers that have left and continue to be kicked out of the workforce.
When you take in all these factors into account, our economy needs to be adding 500,000 to 600,000 jobs a MONTH just to maintain moderate growth. That is not going to happen with this president and his policies.
Related stories:In listless April jobs figures, Obama plays up ‘good news’
President Obama blasted by Republicans over April jobs report
April Employment Report Is Bad News for Team Obama
Lies, Damned Lies and Government Jobs Data