Progressive Group Recommends that President Obama By-pass Congress
The Center for American Progress (CAP), an extreme Left-wing organization, released a report last week recommending that President Obama use executive orders to implement major policy changes related to energy, immigration, eduction, defense, and foreign policy
What CAP is recommending is to throw out the U.S. Constitution and usurp the will of the people, allowing the President to by-passing the Congress and implement constitutionally questionable policies. And for those of you out that who are saying -“Oh, come on, The Center for American Progress is just a think-tank. President Obama isn’t going to listen to them. ” Really!!??!!
What you need to know about The Center for American Progress:
- CAP is a front-group for George Soros. To date Soros has pledged at least 3 million dollars to CAP.
- “Change for America,” a book published by CAP, was used as the blueprint for the Obama presidency. From a 2009 CBS report:
In “Change for America,” a book by the Center for American Progress that was designed as a blueprint for Obama’s presidency, Yale Law School dean Harold Hongju Koh outlined “a package of executive orders, proposed legislation, agency shakeups, and concrete foreign policy actions” the new president should embrace, including “four key executive orders” requiring the closing of Guantanamo Bay and ending the torture of detainees.”
- John Podesta, is the President and CEO of CAP. Podesta was a member of the Obama Transition Team. Podesta was a stanch defender of Van Jones; and eventually hired Van Jones as a Senior Fellow at CAP. In 2007, Podesta also led an assault campaign against conservative radio.
- The staff at CAP reads like a who’s who list from the Clinton Administration
- CAP led the attack on the US Chamber of Commerce by falsely accusing the Chamber of using foreign money in the funding of the 2010 Mid-term elections.
- CAP , along with Doctors for America, organized an AstroTurf show of support for Obamacare, in which the audience was supplied with white lab coats even though a majority of them weren’t doctors.
What The Center for American Progress is recommending is not only an assault on our Constitution, but will continue us down a path that can only end at autocracy, where policy is dictated by executive fiat, as suggested by a few, unelected elitist.
“Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpation” – James Madison
Don’t forget, leave a comment related to this or any NH Perspective posting, and be registered to win this week’s prize, The Liberty Bundle.