Show Notes for NHP Radio Show: Jack Kimball, Candidate for Governor
Note: The following are Jeff Chidester’s show notes used during the Kimball interview (03/21/2010). Although not a transcript of the show, the notes provide the listener with much more detail as to the show’s flow.
How has the campaign been going?
Let’s talk about some key legislative actions:
The LLC: The tax was ill-advised, small-business is up in arms. The House had a chance to right a wrong by repealing it, but the measure went down in defeat.
- Refer to the Cilley interview
- You have long stated that integrity matters, do you still feel that this will be a major issue with the voters, and why?
- The budget and spending: It is a mess
- To be fair, they did rescind the camping tax: The pressure was heavy. Do you see this has a token gesture, or a sign that maybe the Governor and Democrats are getting the message?
- The Physicians Malpractice Fund: As you predicted, the State lost the case, which further affected the budget. What this attempt to take these funds really say about the State and Governor Lynch on a whole.
Possibly up next for taxes:
- Farmington is now at 11.4, and the numbers across the State are climbing. Did you ever think you would see these kinds of numbers in the Granite State?
- It is obvious that the party in power, at both the State and Federal level, have been preoccupied with other matters, so if you were in Concord, what steps would you take to put people back to work?
- UNH/WMUR Poll: 57% of New Hampshire Residents oppose this bill:
- If it passes, what options/obligations do you think the State NH has in support of the will of the people?
- Depending on what language they adopt, it is almost a done deal that States will see an increase of our financial obligation to Medicaid 0r Medicare (or whatever the new healthcare plan is called).
You can listen to the interview in its entirety by going to the NHP Archives section.